Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Disability Pride Parade -- July 26, 2008

The Disability Pride Parade is scheduled for Saturday, July 26 -- the 18th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act. This is the fifth year of the parade.

Last year, Tom and Laureen Lash, of the Windy City Chapter of LPA's District Six, organized the first ever LPA Parade Contingent. My girlfriend and I marched with the contingent proudly wearing our "Dwarf Republic" Tshirts, (thanks Ben Sailor). There were only four or five of us in the group, but I felt as empowered as ever I had before with a group of people with disabilities. I wish I had organized an LPA group back in 2005 or 2006. Though I won't be in Chicago for the parade this year, I hope Tom, Laureen and others represent LPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment