Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 -- Happy New Year

A grateful thank you to each person who has read this blog at least once in the past year. I started 2009 with the goal of averaging three posts a month, or 36 for the year. I posted my 36th piece on December 29, 2009.

This year I plan to keep the blog going, continuing to focus on issues related to dwarfism, with an emphasis on rights, inclusion and empowerment. My personal goal is to increase the number of postings to average one per week, so 52 for the year. With the people who read this blog in mind, I also hope to integrate some variety into the format, adding more photos, some video and perhaps some other multimedia elements.

I hope every one had a happy and safe New Year's Holiday. With two days behind us already, I hope the year is starting on a positive foot.

To kick off this blog in 2010, I just want to share a link to the letters-the-editor section of a Sacramento, California publication. The lead letter is written by Dan Okenfus, a friend of mine who is also a member of Little People of America. Dan held the VP of Public Relations position for LPA before me, and has offered a lot of valuable support and guidance. Dan wrote the letter in response to a writer from the publication who dedicated an entire column to tracking down on the streets of Sacramento a prostitute who happened to be a little person.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment